The world's largest and most recognized Linux certification
To obtain the LPIC-1 certification, you must pass the LPI-101 and LPI-102 exams
With the LPI there is no guesswork what is in the exam. Our learning objectives show you which topics you can expect in the exams and their relative importance. Regardless of which learning materials you choose to prepare for your LPI exams, reviewing each learning objective should be at the heart of any curriculum.
To become LPIC-1 certified, the candidates must be able to:
- Understand the architecture of a Linux system
- Install, maintain and set up a Linux workstation including X11 as a network client
- Can work on the Linux command line, including common GNU and Unix commands
- Can deal with files and access permissions as well as system security
- And perform simple maintenance tasks: help for users, adding users to a larger system, backup and restore, shutdown and reboot.